We don’t usually call a plumber until there is an emergency. When your toilet is overflowing, you don’t have time to find the best plumber, you call the first number you can find. Do you get the best service? Not necessarily.
The best way to ensure that your plumbing is in good hands is to find a plumber you can trust. Searching online and in Yellow Book will give you hundreds of plumbing companies. When you have a plumbing emergency, you may call the first number on the list. However, good advertising and pictures will not guarantee the best service.
Comparing several companies is the best way of determining the best pluming company for your home or business.
How to find the best plumber online:
- Search for plumbing companies in your area. For example: “plumbing Norfolk”
- Pick several companies from the top search results. Call them. See if a real person picks up. An answering machine will not help you when you have an emergency. (Cross out the companies that don’t pick up!)
When you have a representative to talk to, ask him/her these questions:
- Is your plumbing company licensed and insured?
- Do you offer 24-hour emergency service?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Does your company offer free estimates?
- What are your rates?
- Does your plumbing company charge for travel time?
- Do you have the plumbing parts and tools in stock?
- Does your company charge for overtime?
Do a little research. A lot of community websites have reviews. But be careful when reading them. People tend to write negative reviews when they are upset and don’t write any when they are happy.
When you found the plumbing company that offers the best services and fits your wallet and lifestyle, add the number to your emergency contacts!